Monday, August 18, 2008

What a Wonderful Wife!

Man, I really love my wife!


















Okay, time to show my wife a little appreciation.


Quick back story (for non-family members who are reading this.) I was laid-off from my sales position almost 2 years ago. At that time we had just had our 2nd child. The "B" ster. (She's awesome.) After looking for a similar sales position for a little while, we decided that I would stay at home with our two young children.

















Since that time, my wife has taken on the role of sole provider for our family. (and she is kicking that role's ass) She went back to work full-time after her maternity leave was up. Prior to our daughter, she had been working part-time. Lindsay has really done well with the roles and responsibilities she has been asked to handle within her position. Lindsay really loves her job, she is passionate about what she is doing and it has been very stimulating and rewarding for her. On top of that, she has been excelling and really making a name for herself within her role at the company. She also has a wonderful boss who she loves working with and her work is minutes from our home, so there is never any concern over traffic or transit time.

My wife and I both understand that all of this is very rare and we both appreciate the situation that we are in. We have had many conversations about how great our lives are. We certainly have not been taking it for granted.

Ok, so let's breakdown the situation....

1. We've got great kids
2. We have a loving and supportive group of family/friends around us.
3. We love our house, our neighbors, and our cul-de-sac.
4. My wife loves her job and has a passion for the work that she is doing.
5. She is good at what she does and has been excelling at work.
6. The people she works with are her closest friends.
7. Her job is close to our home and she really likes her boss.
8. I am enjoying being a stay-at-home dad


THEN A BOMB IS DROPPED ON OUR WORLD!

My wife's company is moving to it's headquarters in Atlanta, GA!!! What????

Now FAST-FORWARD over a lot of discussions, arguments, tears, a trip to Atlanta, and the weighing of the Pros and Cons over a move to Atlanta.
















WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?

Lindsay has an awesome job. She has a ton of opportunity within her company. She has room to grow within sister companies of the organization. She has a large number of really close friends. She has a workout facility and Starbuck's in her building. The only problem...it is all in Atlanta, Georgia.

I also must state that I was trying my best to be open minded about the possibility of a move to Atlanta, but I definitely put it out there that I didn't want to move. All that really did was put more pressure on Lindsay.

















The reason I am writing this is because I want Lindsay to know that I understand what she is sacrificing. I would also like the rest of the family to understand everything that she is giving up so that our family and friends can remain such an important part of our lives. She unselfishly chose her family over her career and for that I am grateful.

Lindsay, I appreciate you. I know how hard you work. I know how much you love your work and I appreciate the sacrifice you are making for our family.

I love you,

Chris

P.S. - Happy 8th Anniversary (the year of the blog post....right?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that made me cry (yeah, Lindsay and I are alike in that area!) That was very sweet and all so true. Lindsay rocks and you guys have an awesome family. You are great role models for people like me just starting out with the whole marriage/nesting thing. Good luck with what is ahead.. I'm am sure everything will work out perfectly! You all deserve the best- and boy Chris, you got the best!

Lebrescos said...

Thanks #1 fan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love, Mom (Pattie)

Anonymous said...

What a pair! Happy Anniversary.

Love, Mom (Susan)