Monday, April 21, 2008

My CD is ready!

I final got it done.


























I recorded 5 songs, burned a bunch of copies and made labels. Now I just have to pass them out and hope somebody likes what they hear and hires me to play in their establishment.

I sent a copy to Grandma so I could get her unbiased opinion.
She says it is "Great," so I am golden!
Wish me luck.


A NIGHT AT THE BALLPARK



This Friday I took my friend and neighbor Tom Hindman to the Phillies game.

Despite the fact that it took 1 hour and 40 minutes to get to the parking lot, we had a great time. As you can see by the photo, we had great seats. Although the seats were far away, it gave us the opportunity to really get to know the idiots who regularly sit in those seats. (Especially during a Phillies/Mets series) Let me tell you, they are way more entertaining than the lower level folks. Just not good if you have kids or are turned off by F-Bombs (which I am not).

Thanks for coming Tom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma had us listen to your CD on the way to dinner tonight. We weren't allowed to talk...She didn't realize that they were cover songs- she thought you wrote Atlantic City after a fight with Lindsay!!!!

Sounds good! :)

Lebrescos said...

That is hilarious. I hope you told her. I feel bad...like I let her down since I didn't write them.

She got a copy before I made the labels! I should have told her.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha...she's impressed with your "self-taught" talent, I guess she figures you'll work on the song writing part. I told her that Bruce sang it first. She understands.

My_Dog_Is_Better said...

Hi...

Yeah you can get away with pretty much anything in those seats. I could probably bring me dog and sit up there.

About the songwriting, I think you totally should have just said you wrote them, as if a grandma would ever know the difference! Didn't you ever watch The Squid and the Whale? Nothing wrong with taking credit for Pink Floyd.

P.S. Your wife advertised you on my brother's blog, that's how I got here.